TerraPiPy is a collection of different projects to create easy to use tools for terrarium/aquarium/vivarium control and automation for the Raspberry Pi. TerraPiPy is short for „Terrarium + Raspberry Pi + Python“ because snakes are cool (and some parts are written in Python). The system can be run on a Raspberry Pi to setup, monitor and control pimatic to use many terrariums, aquariums and vivariums. A website is provided as a dashboard and the info tool provides data providers for other systems.
TerraPiPy Core, TerraPiPy Web and TerraPiPy Info
TerraPiPy Core or just TerraPiPy is a collection of tools, pre defines configurations and articles for best practices to geht pimatic up and running. Optionally TerraPiPy Web shows the data on a beautiful website. With TerraPiPy Info the data can be send to external systems like an Arduino.
Features of TerraPiPy Core
TerraPiPy is the installation/maintenance/control part of the system. It helps to get pimatic running and monitors it to keep your pets happy.
- Collect sensor data (Temperature, humidity, weather, lights, …)
- Multiple sensors and actuactors for every terrarium
- Control switches and other actuators
- Send notifications on warnings and errors (temperature to high, …)
- Log all data
Features of TerraPiPy Web
CURRENT STATUS: GUI PROTOTYPE
- Dashboard per terrarium, aquarium and vivarium
- Sensor overview
- Emergency shutdown
- Animal database
- Feeding reminder
- Actuator control
Features of TerraPiPy Info – Info for Arduino
- ? List sensor data (Temperature, humidity, weather, lights, …) on LCD
- ? Switch status LEDs
- ? Color for RGB LED